Applications for this job are closed.
Our client is looking to recruit a permanent Service Manager to their expanding team.
Ideally you will come from a Plant Hire / Construction / Utilities Equipment background.
Service Manager Job summary:
Manage the service desk / engineering support department. Maintaining a professional environment for the service team to thrive to solve problems and increase customer satisfaction and develop lasting customer relationships. After appropriate training, the service manager will need to draw on knowledge of servicing, remedial work, fault diagnostic on specialist construction plant equipment.
Service Manager Standard duties:
* Effectively manage the service desk and engineering support department. Ensure departmental objectives are achieved. Ensure compliance obligations are met through working knowledge of industry legislation.
* Champion customer service and company products. Develop customer relationships ensuring repeat custom through to a can-do attitude.
* Commercial awareness ensuring upselling of products and services.
* Monitor service desk tasks, interaction with customers and engineers ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Manage stock controller function and associated control measures. The service manager is responsible for interrogation and sign off weekly bulk parts orders.
* Manage warranty process.
* Quality assurance checks of engineers work and supporting documentation.
* Quality assurance checks of service desk processes.
* Ensure end of month financial / stock reporting processes completed.
* Prepare reports for senior management team and finance department.
* Conduct staff appraisals / personal development plans.
* Responsible for department recruitment and retention
* Support sales department and lead vehicle PDI / compliance requirements
* Ensure commercial and personal GDPR obligations are adhered to.
* Ensure all Health and safety obligations are met.
* Manage out of hours engineering support.
Service Manager Responsibilities:
Comply with all aspects of the company policies and follow published procedures where applicable. Maintain a culture of best practice within the company by attending training courses, both internal and external when and where required.
Service Manager Personal:
Working as part of a team, self-motivation and team working are essential. Flexibility within this role is paramount, with the ability to adapt to working hours to accommodate priorities and/or business requirements. This will involve working throughout the UK with nights away from time to time.
Service Manager Experience:
Customer service experience, Supervisory experience, In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices, In-depth knowledge of customer service software, databases and CRM tools, Current with relevant technology trends and applications, Proficiency in MS Office applications, engineering product knowledge
Service Manager Skills:
* Communication skills that allow you to inform, help customers clearly and decisively.
* Listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require.
* Problem-solving skills
* Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations
* Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a service department of 9 other members.
* Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards.
* An ability to work well under pressure.
* Organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies.
* Good personal presentation, especially when face-to-face with customers
* A commitment to improve your customer service skills on an ongoing basis.
HSEQ: To work safely always and in accordance with the company's health and safety procedures.
Benefits: A company vehicle, pension, private healthcare, and life cover. Overtime will also be payable when available.
Please apply ASAP
Relevant previous posts held: Service Manager, Field Service Manager, Service Supervisor, Field Service Supervisor