Our client is looking to recruit several HGV Plant Operators on a permanent basis to their expanding team.
The job mainly entails operating specialist utility vehicles working on site around the supply and maintenance of utility services.
HGV Plant Operator
HGV Plant Operator Standard duties:
* Driving/Operating safely, legally and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and UK Road Laws.
* Daily maintenance checks on chassis and body
* Monitor Trainee Operators working, offer advice and support where necessary
* Working alongside the workshop to fault find and repair breakdowns if they occur on site
* Occasional manual groundwork preparation will be required
* Maintain vehicles, tools and equipment in a safe, clean and functional condition.
* Ensure all areas of work are maintained in a safe and tidy condition by practicing good housekeeping.
* Completing necessary written and computer-based checks, timesheets and hours when required.
* Comply with all aspects of the policies of the company and follow published procedures where applicable.
* Maintain a culture of best practice by attending training courses, both internal and external when and where appropriate.
HGV Plant Operator Personal:
* Working as part of a team with a large geographical area of operation.
* Self-motivation and team working are essential.
* This role involves a high proportion of working on your own initiative as well as supporting and being supported by the company's existing team of operators and managers.
* Flexibility within this role is paramount, with the ability to adopt working hours to accommodate particular, priorities and/or business requirements.
* This will involve working throughout the UK with nights away from base, early starts and late finishes are common, weekend work will be expected, however a rota system will be applied.
HGV Plant Operator Experience:
* You will have some demonstrable experience working within the utility/construction/civil engineering industry operating a dual purpose vehicle in a similar role
* You must have some demonstrable driving experience under Category C (Class 2).
* Experience in mechanical/electrical disciplines and fault finding would be advantage.
HGV Plant Operator Qualifications: Preferred -
* EUSR or CPCS operator card
* EUSR Shea Gas
* EUSR National Water Hygiene
* Driver CPC with and up to date hours
* Plant vehicle marshalling/banksman & working at heights
* Clean driving Licence with Minimum of Category C (Class 2 ) MUST HAVE
H&S and Environment:
* To work safely at all times and in accordance with the company's health and safety procedures. Precautions should be taken as necessary when visiting sites, adopting the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
Salary & Company Van:
* The salary for this position will be dependent on experience and qualifications and this position comes with a Company Van & Overtime & Expenses & Pension
Our client, who believe in delivering the best possible customer service, priding themselves on going the extra mile for their customers and expect the same level of service from all their team members. As a member of the team you will be a crucial part of this and will always present yourself in a professional manner and with a can do attitude.
HGV Plant Operator - Please apply ASAP