Our client is currently recruiting for an Junior/ Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Post graduate with 2-3 years' experience as a minimum. The development consists of over 1000 3 and 4 new build properties, contract value of £13m+, candidates must have significant house building exp and demonstrate a strong record of managing projects in the Yorkshire Region Midlands or North of England area. Our client envisage that this role will provide the successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to grow with the business as it delivers in exciting expansion plans and will put a personal development plan in place with the successful candidate with a view to developing them to a Senior Quantity Surveyor position and beyond.
Applicant must have significant house building experience and demonstrate a strong record of managing projects in this geographical area.We are looking for industry leading professionals, applicants must be degree qualified, with a minimum of 3 to 4 years post graduate experience.The role will predominantly be site based with the requirement to attend meetings 1 to 2 days per month in the Salford area.
- Demonstrable record of delivering high volume housing schemes.
- Supply chain procurement and order placement in line with programme deadlines.
- Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
- Input of payment information into accounts system in line with company deadlines to ensure supply chain paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to client for draw down of funding.
- Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final outturn of scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
- Present CVR information at monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
- Administration of bonus scheme for direct labour on site.
- Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Post graduate with 2-3 years' experience as a minimum
- Accredited degree in construction
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of residential development.
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Experience in gathering information and report writing.
For further information please email [email removed] 0114220888 / 07990587310